Step by Step Instructions – College of Charleston
Please visit here to see how to register for a VirtualSC PD course.
1. After registering and paying for a VirtualSC PD course you will need to submit the following information to the College of Charleston:
a. Course Documentation Checklist Form
b. Copy of your teaching certificate
c. Copy of your driver’s license
You will find the Course Checklist Form here on page 2.
2. Once you have your completed Course Documentation Checklist Form, teaching certificate copy and copy of your driver’s license you will need to mail these documents to Tia Brown at the College of Charleston.
a. Please note: VirtualSC PD recommends these documents are sent via Certified Mail
3. Once you have paid for your VirtualSC PD course, you will receive an email from the VirtualSC PD administrative team with instructions on how to register with the College of Charleston. You will be required to pay a $5.00 registration fee per graduate course.
4. Have you completed all of the steps listed above? Please fill out the checklist located here.
5. For more details on our policy and procedures visit Policy and Procedures for CofC here.
**Please clearly print all Information**
When do I send the documents to The College of Charleston?
You should send your documents to The College of Charleston as soon as you pay for your graduate course through VirtualSC PD. The College of Charleston is required to gather this information to verify Lawful Presence under Section 59-101-430 of the South Carolina Code of Laws, see here for more information on Lawful Presence.
EDPD Course and Section Number: _____________
Course Title: ________________________________
Email Address: _______________________________
Phone Number: _______________________________
**Please make sure these documents are legible**
□ I have enclosed my Driver’s License
□ I have enclosed my S.C. Teaching Certificate
Send Documents and this form to:
The College of Charleston
Office of Professional Development in Education
School of Education, Health, and Human Performance
66 George Street
Charleston, SC 29424