Using Blackboard Ultra
- Blackboard Ultra is our webinar software used for virtual meetings.
- Graduate credit VirtualSC PD courses require attendance via Blackboard Ultra.
- The VirtualSC PD graduate course facilitators host three Blackboard Ultra webinar sessions during the course. Directions to access virtual meetings are provided during the course.
- You should attend all three sessions; however, if you need to miss part or all of a webinar, it will be recorded.
- All sessions have a brief quiz to track attendance. The quiz will be posted under the webinar link in the course session where it occurs.
Watch the video below to learn how to access your Blackboard Ultra meeting and to learn how to view a recording of your meeting if you missed the live session.
Viewing Blackboard Ultra Sessions
Joining a Blackboard Ultra Session
- If you need to access the webinar using a mobile device (Smartphone, iPad, or tablet), be sure to download the free Blackboard Student App ahead of time. At the time of the session, log into the application, click on the access link and then choose “Open this page in BB Student”; enter full name and click on “Join as Guest.” You will not be able to join the session by going into the application and trying to search for our organization or session, this is not an option.
- If accessing Blackboard Ultra with a computer or laptop, login to your course using the recommended browsers Google Chrome or Firefox.
- Once in, open another browser tab and go to the Blackboard Ultra Basics Tour which will walk you through the basic navigation of Blackboard Ultra for participants.