VirtualSC PD is offering the coursework for the Project-Based Learning Endorsement. Introduction to Project-based Learning and Applications of PBL in Curriculum and Instruction will both be running for the Fall 2019 session. The practicum will be offered in Winter 2020 and more information will be provided later. For the practicum, participants must be actively teaching.
Each course will be for 3 graduate professional development credits and 60 renewal credits. The cost will be $225.00 per course.
Coursework related to this optional endorsement prepares educators to implement project-based
learning with students in classrooms and schools and to provide mentoring, support, and
professional development to other educators seeking to implement this proven methodology with
students in their classrooms.
Requirements to add Project Based Learning Endorsement by Coursework
1. Bachelor’s degree or higher;
2. Initial, Professional, or Alternative Route certificate at the early childhood, elementary,
middle, secondary, or PK–12 level;
3. Completion of all required coursework with an equivalent of a grade of “C” or better.
• Introduction to Project-based Learning (PBL) 3 semester hours
• Applications of PBL in Curriculum and Instruction 3 semester hours
• Practicum in PBL 3 semester hours